Thursday, July 4, 2013

Junio de estudio

Lot's of exciting things in June, such as PUPPIES! (we can't get one but they've still been fun to visit)
 ....oh and R'S BIRTHDAY! ;)
(I had to leave it out of things we were looking forward to in previous post 
to play it off like it didn't cross my mind all the time and I hadn't been planning anything!)
Unfortunately he had to study all day
(that's pretty much what the whole month consisted of...he is done with step 2 now, yay!)
and I had to work,
but I surprised him with a birthday scavenger hunt after dinner.
I think he liked it :)

We've explored some more of this city - 
went to the dueling pianos...the french fries = scrumptious, divine, perfect (...you get it); 
the historic building = neato but very creepy if you go to the upstairs bathroom; 
the smell = so disgusting that we will not be going back 
...unless we are going to eat french fries...in the outdoor area.

We also explored the historic district downtown. 
R told me he had a surprise for me
(it was Untold Stories of the ER, my favorite.)
...then when we headed out to run an errand he said he had another surprise.
He was taking me to the gelato shop!
It was our 3rd or 4th attempt at going there, unsuccessfully.
Their hours are inconsistent but he checked online for that day.
It was d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s. but a little pricey $$.
After eating that, walking around seemed like a good idea.

There was a girls camp fundraising activity at church and
someone in our ward is very talented and was auctioning off
temple sketches -- we were lucky to have him personalize one for us as an example.

We also went to the beach with some of the ward...
on the way there R said, "wouldn't it be great if someone had kayaks there?!"
Well, someone did!
Since before R and I were officially dating we've had a bet -
I thought I could smoke him in a kayak
(because my girls camp high adventure was kayaking upstream for days..we got pretty good)
and he thought NO WAY.
So finally, over two years later, we had an opportunity to settle it.
(I always said in the two years that passed he's been too scared to ever take me kayaking)
The kayaks were different....the paddles were different...he won.
Fast forward a week or two...we have another chance to go kayaking --
this time with identical equipment.
R won...that is all...but it was really CLOSE and he was nervous for a minute. 

R visited W & M and the fam while he was away for part one of Step 2.
While there he moved a piano, watched T dribble honey everywhere, and cleaned up vomit.
I'd say that's an exciting visit.

We've made friends with the military couples in the ward, they're all awesome.
We play spades with the Es which R is super excited about
because he loooves him some spades (unless he loses).


I guess it's getting to be not so bad here after all.

Plus, we're getting really good at baking chocolate chip cookies these days. Holla.

Life lesson of June: Do not over cream the cookie batter.
& as if we didn't already know, THE CHURCH IS TRUE. There is no denying it.





Things we're NOT looking forward to in July: not being together for the 4th of July... for the third year in a row. 



No comments:

Post a Comment