Thursday, February 6, 2014

JaNEWary 2014

Typically by the end of the month I've forgotten what our month consisted of and all the little details or funnies that I wanted to incorporate in the blog...so I turn to my phone for a little flashback of the month...


home made blueberry sorbet and lemon cake.
Rick makes the best buttermilk biscuits ever.
home made lemon sorbet
our attempt at woopie pies. way too much work.
our favorite, Greek. (we got a $25 credit for $4 from restaurant.com)

crepes!
clearly we started out 2014 with healthy food choices.


Rick finally finished interviewing for residency programs...we had a long drive home from the airport on the day of the BCS championship and he was a little anxious to say the least.


us during the game/when FSU won.

I made some crazy, crazy looking bread. Never again.
Every year my office has a planning meeting at the beach - this year we drove past this and I tricked everybody that it was snow. But no, it's just white sand. 



On the way home after the work weekend this sneaker took a surprise turn to take me to watch the sunset off of the longest pier ever. Such a romancer.

pretty sure i married a model.


We fed the missionaries - let me know if you want some to come visit you, they're awesome!


I guess I should have warned you about a semi "graphic" photo. I had a biopsy done on this pesky bump that had been hanging out for too long. I made Rick come with me because he told me beforehand they were likely going to cut it off. He was right. I got to rock the bandaid face for a while to cover up my new burn - talk about a lesson on being self conscious. Lidocaine shot in the nose isn't something I recommend. 


After some webMD and google searches leading me to believe I might have skin cancer and need Mohs Surgery (click here for very graphic photos),  it was a relief to know it ended up being a ruptured hair follicle (what?!?!?!?!!)...I didn't realize my nose had hair follicles to rupture.

That weekend we went for a bike ride downtown because the weather was gorgeous...but still very cold...that's why we look so cool in our bike riding attire.


We saw some dolphins. It is very difficult to get pictures of them jumping. 
Also, they didn't look so tiny in real life. 



Rick went to his first hockey game!


He thoroughly enjoyed himself.
Um, I hope our babies make this face!
We got rid of cable! It is saving us a little over $85/month! We did it as soon as football season was over. 
This is our new antenna. We have to put it on the chair in just the right spot if we want to watch FOX. 
$20 well spent my friends. I still get to watch the Bachelor and the Black List and my singing shows. 


We finished up January with the city turning into ice for a few days. We stayed inside the whole time - except to go look at it up close. Everything was closed!





When I finally had to go back to work, my angel husband scraped all the ice off of my car. 

 


I know a lot of people poke fun for FL shutting down when this type of weather comes but we just aren't equipped with the salt trucks and such down here! We don't even own an ice scraper...Rick used a spatula. 
The Publix cashier today informed me that we are supposed to turn to ice again next week.
& also that it is currently cold in Africa. [I've yet to look into either of those fun facts]



I might have to update more frequently for my memory's sake.


Life lesson of January: if you're visiting FL in January, bring your snow boots.



Things we're looking forward to in February: Rick not having to travel alone/me not having to stay home alone. 





No comments:

Post a Comment