Monday, March 31, 2014

Foodie Patooties

Because we love food & love to share good food, here are links to some of our favorite recipes -- I've noted changes we make:

Blender Oat Pancakes (no flour, no sugar, pure deliciousness)
**increase cinnamon to 1 tsp., I use honey instead of maple syrup and probably use 1+1/2 Tablespoons..or 2...I don't measure it, & I use almond milk. 

Buttermilk Biscuits
In case you didn't know, Rick is quite the multi-talented man. At the end of last year he discovered his newest talent: making the best biscuits EVER. The secret (we think): buttermilk
Advice from Rick: handle dough as little as possible. Pat the dough, never roll it. 

**I usually do one sweet potato, less than 1 T. butter, 1/2 T. brown sugar, 1/4 Cup milk

**I cut out the bullion and chives , decrease butter by 1/2 & instead of garnishing with butter I blend it in with everything, add a little milk to help it blend (i use immersion blender), season with salt and pepper to taste 

**I don't add sliced green onion & i use less cilantro, my favorite thing is you can freeze these and they are just as good when cooked from frozen! Also, i like to make homemade flour tortillas for these because that way there aren't all those additives (I like this recipe because it doesn't use lard) & because i recently got a tortilla press! 

**minus the green onions (can you tell we don't care for onion chunks?), if there is a local Greek restaurant i recommend picking up a couple sides of tzatziki to top these with

Skinny Chicken Cordon Bleu
**soo simple and soo good! I'm not a fan of regular swiss cheese so I use the much milder baby swiss

Kale Chips
**wash, dry, and break kale into pieces (bigger than you want them to turn out because they shrink up), do not include the stem of the leaf!, put them in a bowl and drizzle enough olive oil to toss & coat each piece lightly, lay out in single layer on sheet pan, sprinkle with salt, bake at 350 for approx. 7 minutes -- that's in our oven so it may take less time or more time -- they will look and feel crispy but there is a fiiiiiiiiine line between these being done and too done SO play with your oven times until you figure out the perfect number of minutes ;) 




Happy Monday :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment