Tuesday, June 11, 2013

3&4/30: Describe your relationship with your parents. & List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.



Describe your relationship with your parents
They are simply the best. I love them. EVERYBODY loves them.
Growing up, people wanted to hang out around my family because my parents were cool. 
Probably because dad is so adventurous 
and the first thing ma does when you walk in is ask if you're hungry. 
& even if you say no, there is about to be a burrito or plate of nachos or something on the table. 
In my eyes, my dad knows anything/everything about anything/everything. 
If I need help with something, I call dad. 
Mom knows exactly what to say in any/every situation. Just calling her if I'm in a bad mood, meltdown, frustrated, hungry, anything mood brings me back to reality because she reminds me everything is ok. 
They've shown me unconditional love and always express how proud they are of me. 
I never had a curfew or got grounded; they've trusted me and I've trusted them.
I have the best parents in the universe & I cry almost every time I have to say bye to them. 
AND now I have the best in-law parents a girl could ever ask for.
 P has such a pure heart and is so thoughtful 
(example: the day we got back from trying on my wedding dress - I hated it and was upset. 
When we pulled up, she was in the driveway 
ready to give me and hug and tell me she had fresh cookies on the counter). 
D just radiates love and gives the best hugs! 
Plus he lets me go work cows with him! 
They raised 4 boys and each one of them turned out great! 
It's an understatement to say I hit the jackpot as far as parents go. 




List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.

1. The people who seem pretty cool right now...ya, they aren't. 
2. You're not as grown as you think you are. 
3. Don't be a snot to your parents, you'll realize how cool & loving they are and wish you could take it back.
4. Start thinking now about what major you want to pick in college...unbeknownst to you they are going to make you pick a major after freshman year...not sophomore. Thanks to your I.B. credits. 
5. You are not invincible. 
6. Don't be so afraid of failure/to speak up that you don't try out for parts in drama, be more creative in photography, or get what you want.
7. Tell people how much they mean to you before it's too late. Your aunt, the one who lived with you and taught you Spanish and who's kids are like siblings to you, and who brought you Mexican school books while you spent the summers in Mexico because you wanted to read while cousins were at school..she gets cancer and you don't get to say thank you. 
8. When you graduate, don't date that boy. If you're going to date someone, stick with the other one. 
But really, just wait until the year 2011...that's when you start dating the one
9. Don't wait so long to go back to Mexico. You miss the family more than you realize, you'll finally go back and wish you could stay and your chances to go are rarer and rarer the older you get. 
10. The only person you need to worry about making happy is your Heavenly Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment