Tuesday, June 11, 2013

MayFlowers...better late than never.

We started out May with the end of this season's Survivor.
You would think this is insignificant to mention in our blog buuuuut...
one of the last episodes had the part where they get to see a family member and the way they started
crying and running towards their loved one made me cry and say "it's like Heaven!" 
because I started thinking about forever families and being reunited. Emotional.  
There was one survivor who said her strategy for the whole game was to 
be humble
I think being humble is a strategy we can all apply to life.
"We don’t discover humility by thinking less of ourselves; we discover humility by thinking less about ourselves." 
-Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"Fill our hearts with sweet forgivingTeach us tolerance and love." 
-In Humility, Our Savior (we sang this hymn at church last Sunday & those words stuck out) 


On a lighter note...

We had our monthly dinner with Kerri & Rob. It was a blast, as always. 
R's classmates had a Cinco de Mayo party. We took a flan. It was popular. 
We've been really into smoothies lately. 
I like to name the sky. R likes to name our smoothies. 
As in he calls them all a sunshine smoothie.
(a couple of the ways R hints at wanting a smoothie: 
"a sunshine smoothie sure would brighten my evening"...
"a sunshine smoothie sure would shed some light on the subject" [as he is studying])

We also experimented with oatmeal last month. 
Blended it up to make flour....made banana pancakes with it. 
R cooked them on his "friend", the griddle. 
They were excellent. Highly recommended. I share recipes.
Speaking of recipes, if you have some awesome ones, I'd appreciate them...
I've felt less than innovative in the kitchen lately & it stresses me out to not know what to make for R. ;)

As far as adventures go, we went to our first gallery night (decided once was enough)
& our first local baseball game. 
We got to go visit my parents for Memorial Day weekend. 
It was amazing, of course. 
We went to beaches, got belated Easter prizes, ate a ton (literally) of food, & enjoyed time with Ma, Dad, D, Gma, Gpa, Aunt A, Uncle M, and even got to hang out with Andrew & Sarah.
We hit up M-town on the way home & had dinner with with the family there.

We've done well with our gym commitment. Sometimes people watching there causes me to have serious thoughts during my cardio...like how some people just look lonely. & that I think every human desires to be loved. & how grateful I am for all of the love in my life. 

R FINISHED HIS 3RD YEAR OF MED SCHOOL! Onward to 4th year!
(so proud of him and all of his hard work/dedication!)
May pretty much FLEW by. Hence this entry is late. Woops! 


Life lesson of May: “be a duck,” meaning just let it brush off like water on a duck.




Things we're (I'm) looking forward to in June: The Bachelorette and Pretty Little Liars!!!




3 comments:

  1. i never knew we were on the same page about tv shows. i knew i liked you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) Alyse and I should CC you on the weekly PLL discussion emails. & we should start a weekly bachlorette email thread haha

      Delete
  2. Haha, hey I turned both you AND Kristen on to PLL! LOL! The bachelorette, we'll have to chat about last nights episode! Text me!

    ReplyDelete