Tuesday, June 23, 2015

April Flowers...

Here I am again...behind on life updates. With only 5 weeks + 4 days from babyboy's due date (CRAZY!) I figured I'd better get on this and get up to speed with life!

After our day trip to the temple (here), and a serious hankering for Publix bakery apple fritters, I headed off to Croatia for work.
 
Thank goodness my dad was able to come with me. By thank goodness I mean I don't know what in the world I would have done if he wasn't with me...likely would have been found in a random corner of the airport crying and in the fetal position...seriously...most stressful 48 hours of travel ever. Flight cancellations due to weather (I'm pretty sure out of everybody who was supposed to connect in Chicago we are the only people who got rerouted, on a different airline, and out of that airport that day....possibly because I was looking pregnant and clearly about to cry because we HAD to get out that day -- everybody in line behind us was given a phone number to call...and since it was due to weather they don't really have to do anything so we were feeling super blessed!), then as we were [literally] about to take off, someone had to get off the plane (which means they have to pull their luggage off the plane) and that meant we were going to miss our connection flight. Stuck in the Frankfurt airport...the only thing that made it better was the nice Lufthansa employee who gave me goodies:
 
 
We finally made it to a hotel in Croatia a day.5 later than planned and 48 solid hours of travel later. We dropped our luggage off in the room and went to eat dinner at about 10 pm...and I just started crying (there was a solid hour of strong turbulence on our long flight and Babyboy hadn't moved much since then so I was a little bit freaking out, stressed out, emotionally overwhelmed, etc. -- my Dad is a trooper.). The next morning we drove from Zagreb to Zadar.
 



Ok so this pic is not very interesting but since this blog kind of serves as my memory I have to tell the story that goes with it. Dad & I were trying to find a place to eat so we go up to this castle that supposedly had a restaurant..trying to find a parking spot and this lady in an old volkswagon bug zips around us in a BIG hurry...then she gets stuck in the rocks and is flicking rocks all over...she's trying and trying to gun it and eventually just stops and gets out of her car...leaving it parked right there in the middle of everything. You may have had to be there but in that moment it was hilarious.
 

Zadar, Croatia

 
Dad helped me and got to explore lots while I was working and then we'd go explore (& EAT)together in the evenings:
 


 
 
^Lunch at Hotel Bastion. Incredible Ravioli. 

Found a yacht for Rick.

 
the sea organ - so neat! & the city wall
 

 

Giant "raisins" at the conference.

^ The Arsenal - conference gala dinner^
 
   


The most amazing ice cream EVER from Kavana Danica.
 
 
 
 
 
 
After the last day of the conference ended and a late lunch, Dad and I headed through the old city to catch one last Croatian sunset and to see what "The Greeting to the Sun" was all about...we still aren't exactly sure what the lights/patterns react to but it was still something we had to see before leaving.
  

 

  
 
 








Our last lunch in Zadar, at 2Ribera, may have been the best one...swordfish and Madagascar vanilla cake or something delicious like that...
 

 

Then it was time to RUSH to the bus station to get to Zagreb where our plane took off at 6am the next morning...


Croatia had beautiful flowers all over the place.
 
BEST airport breakfast = Munich, Germany.
 

After 24 hours of travel (and a mini meltdown due to the airline running out of cheese sandwiches) we were finally back home! Since our plane landed so late we decided Dad would ride home with me and then we would take him home the next day and stay for the weekend.

^Reunited!!! & we even got to see Gma & Gpa Hutch!

That's a rain drop, not leakage, on my chest there.

Then it was back to reality...which included my glucose test (Crushed it.), a little art night for the nursery, and trying PDQ for the first time (we love it!):




& lastly, the bump photos of the month:


25 weeks
26 weeks.
I remember this day I was "mad" at baby O because he wasn't moving much...
we've learned his patterns now and it was just his "day off" ;)
 

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute! I can't believe baby O is almost here!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete