Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thankful Thursday!

I think I've missed a couple of weeks now, woops! 


I'm thankful for the example that little children are to us adults. Mosiah 3:19 comes to mind, 


"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a childsubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."


Groups of families take turns cleaning our church building and it was the Sims family turn a couple of weeks ago...when I meant to post this...well, R was still out of town so I went alone. Some group members come early and leave a note regarding what they've done and then there are those in the group who never show up. Well, let me just tell you that I HATE trash (it stinks.) and I hate cleaning bathrooms (especially public ones; too many unidentified fluid stains to clean up - yuck). I was ill because guess what I was about to do?! Help clean men&women bathrooms, collect trash, and then wash windows. Lucky for me, the gentleman in our group who is always there brought his little angel granddaughter who ended up being just the lesson I needed to be reminded of.  She was SO eager to help clean, even when she was face level with the urinal.  That's the kind of attitude I should have when I'm given the opportunity to clean the place where I get to go and learn about the gospel every single week. 



Kids are often the first to love and first to forgive. What a great example they are of our savior, Jesus Christ.





1 comment: