Monday, December 1, 2014

The Spanish Way...

At the end of October/beginning of November I spent a week in Valencia, Spain for work - flight paid for, nice hotel covered, food reimbursed - sounds glamorous, right?

It started out with lost luggage. No toiletries, clothes, essentials. Luckily my co-workers had enough to get me by until the next afternoon. Note to self -- pack a change of clothes AND underwear in your carryon.



My typical breakfast every day...I do miss those little queso pastries. I LOVED that they had hot milk available for hot chocolate.


Most of our days consisted of 12-14 hours of work at the conference and social events but we did have a little time to explore historic down town...






Torres de Serranos - built in the 14th century, 1392. It was the main entrance of the city. Thanks Wikipedia!
 


So many gelato flavors...



welcome reception, cheese please!

Paella for the conference banquet dinner





Sometimes flamenco dancers call you up to look a fool in front of 700 people...




part of the Conf Cats team!
The work days were long and the flights were exhausting but I can honestly say I LOVE my job!!! (even the parts that don't involve traveling the world ;)  The only thing that could make it dreamier is if the doc could travel with me. Nevertheless, it's pretty fantastic and such a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment